Biblical Networking 1 2 3 4
From my devotions…
Now this is networking at it’s best!
Jude 20–21 (NLT): But you, dear friends, must build each other up in your most holy faith, pray in the power of the Holy Spirit, and await the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will bring you eternal life. In this way, you will keep yourselves safe in God’s love.
Here’s my breakdown:
Jude 20–21 (NLT): But you, dear friends, must
1. build each other up in your most holy faith During any type of mental health day… From the stay in bed and recluse day, the suicidal thoughts day, the small or massive anxiety days… Sharing how God has really been there in the past and how it has increased our faith…
And certainly on the NOT but GOOD, wonderful days! Build each other up… With anyone!
- Those dealing with a mental health day
- Family and friends trying to understand
2. pray in the power of the Holy Spirit, and
Can anyone ever get too much pray? Maybe just make sure it is supporting with understanding. Also, pray protection over us.
Some praying could be for the doctors to find the correct medication balance… Success isn’t always with complete healing with mental health any more than someone is not delivered from cancer by prayer…
3. await the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will bring you eternal life.
Wait and support… God’s timing is perfect… Our wants are not important… But when God really shows up… Well! It’s worth the wait!
4. In this way, you will keep yourselves safe in God’s love.
I don’t know about others but I can get distracted by things in the world… Mental health issues can creep up on me and I haven’t noticed.. or I (and this is a big one) catch myself wanting to hurry up with my devotions so I can go do something… Yah, there’s something wrong with this picture… The fix? Accountability… Journalling is a great way, at least for me… I just need to send a text to someone that I did my devotions and my journalling…
Networking means – get yourself several family members or friends who you know you can count on… Who you feel comfortable sharing with… People with whom you can take your “I’m fine” mask off and be authentic to…
Outside of family, I built up my network of friends at Celebrate Recovery… CR was a game changer… And it’s a huge reason why I’m still here today… try and see if there is one close to you… they are groups literally around the world… even if they are not close by, build up a good group of friends…
My last point is completely true… remember God is ALWAYS with you!!!!! Sometimes just saying His name might be what you need… After all, God is LOVE
- Posted in: mental health