Not Always or Every & God Sees
I’m just like everyone – we all want to feel wanted, special. needed. loved. And for people with Borderline Personality Disorder this is very true but the self-hatred and the polar opposite is also true – My 2 second teaching version of BPD is – I hate you – DON’T LEAVE ME!!
The “I hate you” is a coping method of pushing you away because we know that eventually you wiil so let’s just get it over this now, but we really are desperate for a friend.
BPD is a severe diagnosis – 1 of everty 10 people diagnosed will die from suidice
If someone you know or love has been diagnosed please take the time to read up on it. There are many really good YouTube video’s
There are 500 plus ways to be diagnosed so it’s not a one size fits all illness but there are 2 basic categories everyone ends up – rage or quiet. Some information online say 4 – either way it’s serious. My BPD is always there. Ready to jump out. Sometimes I catch it and sometimes I don’t until later.
I am blessed as I have a great resource network that I have built up over the last 3 years. The best one by far is Celebrate Recovery it is a Christian 12 step. I’ve posted the link here. I hadn’t heard of it until I really needed it and when I did I was emotionally, spiritually and literally physically dead.
I was emotionally, spiritually and literally almost physically dead.
But I took ownership of me. Was it easy? NO – absolutely – categorically NO!
I took mental health classes thorough my local mental health and I did the homework. I attended CR week after week.Sometimes I sat in my car for 1/2 hour to even open the door. I attended CR when I was allowed out on phys on passes. I did the 12 steps twice and I’m on my third. I attended church – I joined a small group from church. I built my network of support. New friends.
I changed my thinking behaviors – insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results. If you want change you need to change the script.
I stopped using words like EVERY and ALWAYS – Every time I open a box of cereal it splits open and falls on the floor? EVERY TIME?? umm…well , you know like… twice
I ALWAYS get scratched by my friends cat? ALWAYS – well – only when I sit on her favorite chair…
I was challenged to think of 3 things to thankful for – right now…. you do it too…
- I have access to a computer
- I am in a place where I am sheltered so I can actually use a computer, so I’m not in the rain or snow or dessert
- I have clothes I am wearing right now
Get the idea? Small things count! Build your list – keep adding to it… maybe you can look out the window and see a bird or a tree or…
I have been dealing with this for just over 3 years now. It’s a SLOW process – It’s a hard and rocky pathway.
BPD people need other BPD people & we need other “normal” people (do they actually exist?) okay how about other people who are dealing with other issues but no BPD so we can sort of aim for what we want to be….
A lot of people quote Jeremiah 29:11 I like 11 to 14
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity”
Captivity that pretty much describes how I felt 3 years ago… a churning, boiling black pit – my own personal hell on earth trying to drag me down for good, It came close.
I started off this blog talking more about how everyone (in this case every fits) wants to be needed, and I have found that I am needed – but as God needs me – this isn’t a wishy-washy statement. God built me from the zygote on up. I have desires and passions inside of me just waiting to be used – I have talents. God isn’t going to push those aside and tell me to do something I have no desire to do (unless I need to learn more about humbling).
To not use my talent is a waste. I may fumble a bit while learning to utilize it – but at least I am using it.
As for being noticed – yes – I am being noticed. God is watching and I know that’s more than enough.
- Posted in: anxiety ♦ Borderline ♦ BPD ♦ Celebrate Recovery ♦ Christian ♦ Christian 12 step ♦ chuch ♦ coffee ♦ confidence ♦ coping ♦ depression ♦ distractions ♦ education ♦ Extrovert ♦ goals ♦ Introvert ♦ medication ♦ meek ♦ mental health ♦ network ♦ normal days ♦ promises ♦ stigma ♦ stress ♦ suicidal thoughts ♦ suicide ♦ thoughts ♦ Time ♦ together
- Tagged: abuse, ADHD, anxiety, aphasia, borderline personality disorder, BPD, Celebrate Recovery, Christian, Christian 12 Step, coping, crowds, depression, depression. stigma, doubt, education, excitement, Extrovert, family, fears, fulfillment, healing, Introvert, joy, life, life sucking, live, living, medications, mental health, mental illness, nervous, paradox, philosophical, prayer, prayers, reflection, safety, stigma, stress, suicide, tears, thoughts, Time, treatment, waves, work